Thursday, April 4, 2013

The Three Day "Military" Diet Review

I have not been very crafty lately, but I have been on a health kick....... again. I won't go into detail about why or how, but if you are wondering how that all came about go click here.
Anyway, with that being said, I have decided to try some different "diets." I usually don't diet or maybe I do, but I try to call it "life style changes" to make myself feel better, but overall, I do not think I have ever tried any "gimmick" type diets; however, this military diet was way too tempting.
First off, you can find the article with the diet plan for FREE. I followed the diet off of this blog. I followed it precisely and even tried to get the healthiest options of all of the foods listed. I stuck with fresh vegetables and all natural ice cream. The hot dogs were made of chicken and I got all natural peanut butter.
Secondly, this diet is all over Pinterest. If you go to Pinterest now and go to the categories of "Popular" or "Health and Fitness," you will most likely find a pin about this diet. It is everywhere, which makes it hard not to consider, so I considered.
And last, the reason this diet was so tempting is because the foods are healthy and I don't mind eating any of the items that were listed.

My three days on the diet:

Day 1 was not bad, but (and I expressed this on my other blog as well) all of the tuna on day one was hard. I chose to eat tuna for lunch and supper just because it was easy, but tuna with nothing on it, but a "small" amount of mustard is hard to choke down (especially in the portion sizes listed for this diet), even if you love tuna. The great thing about day 1 was that it is the only day you can have caffeine. At the end of the day, I was not hungry and I felt great.

Day 2 was probably the easiest aside from the mid-day headache, which was just my body's way of saying, "Hey, where did the caffeine go?"

Day 3 was the most difficult. It is actually less than 800 calories for the day with no caffeine. I was shaky by the end of day 3.

Some important notes, I had made a life style change the week before, slowly cutting down on caffeine and calorie intake. I also started working out and I worked out 45 minutes to an hour each day while on this diet. I drank a minimum of 32 ounces of water per day everyday that I was on this diet. I did exactly what was outlined on the blog that I linked, except I think I ate less tuna than outlined, because that is a lot of tuna. I used a little mustard, less than a tablespoon, the entire three days and that is all I added.

I weighed every morning and night and even during day 1, I weighed less by the end of the day than I did at the beginning of the day. I lost two pounds per day for a total of six pounds. Now, before you get all excited and decide to try this diet, please read on!

Even though I was super excited about losing six pounds in three days, I knew that there was a possibility that some of that weight would show back up on my scale. This diet boasts that you could lose up to ten pounds in three days and lose forty pounds in one month. Let's just be real here. That is NOT going to happen. It also suggests you can go back to eating whatever on your four days off the diet as long as you "don't get carried away." A week before I started this diet, I was already limiting my calories and working out and when I went off of this diet, I continued to limit my calories and work out and yet, the scale did change back. I gained two pounds back within the next two days, so I really only lost four. I would suggest reading WebMD's post about this diet, which explains why that happened. Some of the weight you lose is actually from fluid, not fat.

This diet, in my opinion, and I am not a nutritionist or dietitian, is o-kay. If you need something to get you motivated to stop drinking caffeine or watch your eating habits, then this might be a great way to start. I also have read that the combinations of food (while they are not metabolism/ fat burning like they claim) may actually act like a diuretic, which can help with fluid retention, high blood pressure, and an overall cleanse for your body. That is not a bad thing, but I think the main point is to remember this isn't some miracle diet that will solve all your problems or make your fat disappear. It is just a "jump start" plan in my opinion and a pretty good one, but don't plan on eating junk food for four days and following this diet for three and seeing any results, because that will not happen.

Thanks for reading and I hope this helps you make an educated decision about the Three Day Military Diet that is all over Pinterest.



*** Lee Ann***







10 comments:

  1. I stumbled uopon your blog while reading up on this diet. Thanks for for posting about it, I think I'll give it a go when I start up the Insanity workout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lee Ann. How are you? I have a personal question for you. Did you followed this diet again? Have you managed to keep your new weight? And one more question. Do you think that website http://theslimdonkey.com/the-military-diet-getting-skinny-with-unbelievable-3-day-method/ is a good source on military diet? What is your opinion about it?

    Thank you very much and I wish you a nice day.

    Earlene

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, I am doing good. I did do an altered version of this diet about a month ago and it didn't really do anything, so I plan on trying this exact diet in the next week or two. I have managed to keep off 20 pounds which I lost, but I have not lost any new weight in awhile. I need to find my motivation again. I think the source that you found looks like a good one. It is the exact diet that I followed for the 3 day military diet. I think it is a good way to jump start a diet, but exercising and counting calories works just as well, but it is a good detox diet in my opinion. Hopefully, that was helpful and good luck. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheers! You have really allured me; I have no words to explain my feelings about your post. militarydiet.xyz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Naturally, whenever someone wants to try a new diet, they want to know beforehand if it works or not. Otherwise, it may just turn out to be a waste of their time. The good thing about this diet is that it only lasts three days, so even if it doesn’t work as expected, you don’t have a lot to lose. See more http://3daysmilitarydiet.com/results-reviews/does-the-military-diet-work.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Saw your blog and like you, I tried the 3 day military diet.I was keen on losing 8 pounds since my sister's wedding is coming up in a month's time. The meal plan was very useful since I didn't have to mix and match food. I'm quite busy so I need a diet with minimal cooking and preparation. The diet answered that.
    I drank lots of water during the course of the diet to stay hydrated and full. I also did some light walking to keep my body moving.
    After the 3 days, I lost around 6 pounds.
    Here's a great resource page to find some more tips and secrets. Hope it helps everyone http://3daysmilitarydiet.com/results-reviews/does-the-military-diet-work.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cheers! great post about your 3 day military Diet, Really toughs that the military diet states that it can make you lose 10 pounds in one week. Note that the optimal rate of weight loss is just a pound per week. Although the intended results of a 3-day military diet results are tempting, they are not supported by any studies or experiments. See more here https://www.findatopdoc.com/Diet-and-Nutrition/What-Is-the-3-Day-Military-Diet

    ReplyDelete
  9. Exceptional post! I need to thank you for this informative read. I hope you will post again soon.
    Three Day Military Diet | Military Diet Substitution

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wondered upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon.
    Military Diet | 3 day Military Diet

    ReplyDelete